Monday 8 October 2012

Generation 1 Part 2




Andrew was right, Sera realised, looking at their new home. It was a beautiful little house, and she did love it. She smiled at her husband, feeling a rush of love warm her heart. It seemed like he knew her better than she thought.

"Well?" Andrew demanded gruffly.

"It's very nice, Andrew." Sera admitted. "How big is it?"

"An open plan lounge, kitchen and dining, with a decent sized combined bathroom/laundry and two bedrooms. One for us, and one we can use as a study or whatever."

"One we could use as a nursery later?" Sera asked.

Andrew snorted. "Maybe. But I doubt it. I've gotta say it was a relief to find out last time that you weren't pregnant. I'm not exactly keen to rush into it again."

Neither am I. Sera thought. But I would like to have kids someday... "Let's look inside." She suggested instead.




"Wow," Sera said, looking around. "It's pretty big in here."

She looked around the comfortably appointed room. It was wallpapered in her favourite colour, too - sea foam green. And she loved the kitchen, it was very kistchy, but sweet as well.



"It came fully furnished. Pretty cheap, too. Something about being too close to the graveyard for some folks. They were scared of zombies." Andrew snorted. "I'm hungry, I'm going to make some lunch."

"I might check out the Fire Station," Sera ventured. "It looked a lot like the one in Sunset Valley."

"Yeah, see you later."


The Hidden Springs Community Firehouse looked exactly the same as her old Firehouse in Sunset Valley...except for a random trashed chair. Sera had no idea what that was about.

Slowly, she approached her future workmates, smiling nervously. They didn't seem too welcoming, one even showed her fangs...which was very strange behaviour.


"Hi," she said shakily to the one who looked to be the least harmful - strange skin and eyes being nothing compared to sparkly green wings or sharp white fangs and body hair. "My name's Sera Edgeworth."

Or maybe not...she thought, as this stranger's smile revealed even sharper teeth.

"Hey there, I'm Ebonee" she said in a soft drawl, an accent that Sera didn't recognise. "Whatcha doin' here?"


"I want to join the Firefighting Career." Sera said, eagerly. "I was a firefighter back in Sunset Valley, we just moved here, my husband and I, that is."

"Well..." Ebonee looked her up and down. "All right. But you need to build some muscle, honey. The jobs here can be pretty dramatic."

The other two firefighters said nothing, although the winged man smiled encouragingly.

"O-okay...see ya..." Quickly, Sera made her escape, vowing to hit the gym as soon as she left here.

"Be here Monday, 9-6." Ebonee called after her.


First, Sera tried the treadmill. But her preoccupation soon had her making sweet love to the rubber mat, so shakily, she got off and hopped on the weights machine.


I'd better build some serious muscle anyway. Sera thought, deciding to come back to the treadmill another day when she wasn't so preoccupied. I'm going to have to get used to different kinds of people here, I can see that...What did Andrew mean earlier when he was talking about zombies?



When she finally got home, feeling pretty pumped, there was a strange man waiting on the front lawn.

"Can I help you?" She asked, wondering what he could possibly want.

The man smiled at her shyly. "Hi, my name's Silas Green," he replied. "I live just over the hill, so I thought I would come by and welcome you to town."


Whoa he has a cute smile... Sera smiled back at him. "Thanks, my name's Sera. My husband and I just moved here from Sunset Valley."

"Ah...well I hope you enjoy Hidden Springs. We aren't quite so cosmopolitan, but it's a nice place to live. I gotta say, I never thought this place would be sold, being so close to the graveyard and all..."

"Yeah, well ghosts don't scare us," Sera scoffed.

"But what about the zombies?" Silas asked. "Are you planning to have a garden? Because if so you might want to fence it off. For some reason they love plants...they keep killing mine when I forget to lock the gate."

"I'll...keep that in mind..." Sera looked at her feet. "Uhm...I should go inside. It's getting late..."

"Oh! They only come out on the full moon, so don't worry about it too much!" Silas said eagerly.

"Well that's a relief," Sera laughed. "I'll see you another time."

"Yeah, definitely. Don't be a stranger! There aren't many of us out this way, it's kinda lonely sometimes. Catch you another time."


That Monday, Sera almost leapt out the door in her eagerness to get to work. Andrew was having trouble finding work, and took out his frustration on her, sniping at every little thing she did, from cooking pancakes, to how she made the bed.


"You're yawning a bit." Her ride commented.

"Not much sleep last night," Sera replied shortly.

"Hmmm...hopefully no emergencies for you, then."

Sera nodded shortly, and the rest of the trip was made in silence.

We really are out of the way. Sera thought as the trip dragged on. No wonder Silas was so eager to have a neighbour.


Unfortunately, there was an emergency, Minti Cho was burning incense. 

Who burns incense outside? Sera wondered, as she put out the small fire. She was kind of disappointed, her first emergency really wasn't that impressive.



When she got home, Andrew was happy. "I found a job," he said, going to embrace her.

"Whoa!" Sera backed away. "You spent all weekend treating me like crap. I am NOT interested right now!"




Andrew glared at her. "Fine," he hissed, before storming off.

Sera bit her lip. That might not have been the best way to start the week...

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, relationship trouble on the horizon!

    I grew up in a house that was right near an old graveyard. There was just one house between ours and the graveyard, and my bedroom window faced over the neighbor's backyard so I had a great view of the graveyard, lol. No zombies, though.

    There's a discussion thread at Mod THe Sims for the Random Legacy challenge. Come by and introduce yourself to everyone:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=480205
    Don't worry about reading the whole thread, you can just join in any time. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely go by that forum :-). Yep, definite trouble on the horizon. And it seems that Sera actually doesn't like Andrew very much. She constantly refuses romantic interactions with him even when she's happy! It's going to make the kids difficult lol! I'm finding the graveyard hilarious, every single night I hear the ghost music, lol. And the first day they moved in, Andrew instantly rolled the wish to visit the graveyard at a full moon!

    I've never lived near a graveyard but I LOVE them. I love the history in them and imagining the lives of the people who are buried there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame Sera for rejecting Andrew's advances. He wasn't very nice to her, it's hard to feel all lovey when someone is being mean to you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's really strange because she does reject him constantly, and he can be really cranky in the game, being both evil and grumpy. I've never played evil or grumpy sims before so it's pretty interesting to see some of his reactions. He autonomously accuses her mother of being a llama lol.

      Delete
  4. I hope her rejection doesn't get her in big trouble with Andrew...his temper worries me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could be pretty nasty too, since she has no real support system here. I've been in this situation so I'm trying to write it while staying true to Sera, who is in a lo of ways a different person to me.

      Delete
  5. Andrew is a nasty piece of work, I hope he doesn't make Sera too miserable (or she finds a way of getting rid of him - rolls allowing of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a very nasty piece of work. I'm not saying anything that could get me into trouble but she isn't a brave sim for nothing :-)

      Delete
  6. Oy, Andrew is a pain. It would be nice if things could work out, but I'm hoping she just kicks him out at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that guys like this rarely change without a pretty big wake up call. And being a stylist, I just don't see that happening - he's more likely to be hanging out with people who are nasty than nice. Everyone who has ever given me fashion advice has been mean :-(. That may also be because I have no fashion sense though....

      Delete
  7. Cute house! I like the kitschy kitchen! ;)

    I'm honestly glad Sera rejected Andrew's advances. What a piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it's so incredibly adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the kitchen that is lol.

      I'm glad she did, too. She has some self respect at least :-)

      Delete