Tuesday 2 October 2012

Generation 1 Part 1


Sera exhaled a deep breath as she got out of the car. Andrew wouldn't have taken time off during the middle of the day unless it was important - he was a grumpy workaholic whose obsessions sometimes bordered on evil...if he had something to tell her, it was likely she would need to brace herself. 

Sera had met Andrew while in high school, they had gone to prom together, had a few dates...then she missed a period. And another one. Desperately, they wed, hoping to forestall any scandal in the small town of Sunset Valley. But then...her period came. It turned out that the pressure of exams, graduation, and working out to be at her best to become a fireman had taken their toll. She certainly wasn't pregnant.

But by then it was too late. She was trapped, having discovered her now-husband's less than stellar qualities at a time when she couldn't do anything about them. Determined not to become a statistic, she had decided to try and make the marriage work. She was brave, and she had no one else. He was her only family.



"You took your time." Andrew snapped.

Sera smiled nervously. "I had to make sure someone could cover my shift in case of an emergency. I'm a firefighter, Andrew, I can't just leave."

"Oh and I can? I'm a stylist, Sera! It's an important job, I fix people's image. Their lives are useless without me, so you need me to make your job worth it."

Sera bit back her angry response. Andrew could and would make life uncomfortable if she angered him. Sometimes she was surprised that he had managed to hide his true nature for so long...and surprised at how nasty he could really be. "You had something to tell me?" She said instead, hoping to diffuse the situation.



Andrew's face lit up. "Yes. I've found us a house in Hidden Springs. We're moving in next week. No more Sunset Valley for us. No more stupid rumourmongers trying to cause trouble." His smile was gleeful.

"But...Andrew, our whole lives are here. We have good jobs...I can't just quit in a week. Why didn't you tell me?" Sera asked.

Andrew frowned. "It was a surprise. Last minute sale. I have a friend who set it up. Anyway, you're going. Sort it out!"

Sera hung her head. There was nothing she could do about it now, anyway. For anyone else it might have been a nice surprise for their husband to do this...but her parents' graves were here in Sunset Valley. She was going to miss talking her troubles out with them, even if it was just talking to their headstones. "I'll see if I can get a transfer." She whispered.

"Good. You'll like it there. Nice town, not like here."

"I guess..."


It doesn't seem possible that a week could go by so fast. Sera thought, looking around her old firehouse. Who knows what life will be like in Hidden Springs? Good, hopefully, but... Deep down, she wondered if any place where she lived with Andrew could really be good. Stop that. She chided herself. Think positively. That's the best thing to do.


And so they were on their way to their new home. Who knew what they would find there?
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Okay, so this is the first random legacy I have ever tried to blog, and I'm hoping it won't end up failing like all my other legacies. I always get tired of the lag and glitches about three generations in. But hopefully before I get to that stage my husband will have a new computer, which will be better, stronger, faster...lol.

So I'm going to follow Yangthecat's example and not reveal my roll just yet, but as things happen. After all, it will be more interesting that way...so far, it's pretty obvious that the careers are Firefighter/Stylist :-)

Find out more info on random legacies here: http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com.au/

13 comments:

  1. Great start! Looking forward to seeing how Sera and Andrew get on in Hidden Springs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-). I'm hoping I can keep this up, lol! How do I do the side bar like you have it?

      Delete
    2. I replied to your sidebar question in the comment on my blog. =D

      Delete
  2. Oh, Andrew seems so mean! I already want to slap him. Poor Sera, I hope she learns to stand up for herself soon.

    Great start! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would loooovvveee to slap him lol. Poor Sera, she's just been downtrodden for so long :-(. It's hard when you're in this situation to realise how bad things are before it feels like it's too late to do anything about it.

      Delete
  3. I really like it so far, you're good! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-). I love writing stories, I've done it all my life. But this is my first real Sims one.

      Delete
  4. Nice start! :) Andrew is a jerk! I hope things go better for Sera in Hidden Springs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-). I love Hidden Springs, it's such a pretty town.

      Delete
  5. Great start. I really feel for Sera. She's clearly trapped in an abusive, even if not physically, relationship. I hope she finds the strength to leave him one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abusive relationships are so difficult. And she has a fairly healthy dose of pride and doesn't really want to admit what a huge mistake she made. She doesn't really believe in divorce, her parents were happily married (in my mind lol) and she's never been exposed to this sort of thing before him, so she can't really believe it could get worse.

      Delete
  6. Poor Sera. I really hope she can be happy in Hidden Springs, and that Andrew either shapes up or gets kicked to the curb. Somebody ought to smack that guy.

    You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am such a happy ending nut but I can't see this getting better before it gets waaaayyyy worse.

      Delete